Thursday, November 22, 2007

Wines Tasted on November 22nd

No record of any wines tasted in 2004

No record of any wines tasted in 2005

No record of any wines tasted in 2006

Wines tasted in 2007

2006
Hence Cellars Riesling
USA, Washington, Columbia Valley
Brought the magnum to Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house tonight. Figured, how often do you have the need to open up a magnum of Riesling. I really enjoy this wine. Very little residual sugar. Nice crisp acidity. The wine was served slightly too warm which brought out more of the oak profile. Was only picking up the slightest bit of the petrol aroma that I got off of the last bottle. Notes of pear and apple. Would purchase again.

2002
Columbia Crest Two Vines Sémillon-Chardonnay
USA, Washington, Columbia Valley
Brought to Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house tonight. I know I had a glass or two of this wine, but it left no lasting impression on me. I am going to have to say that it was probably consistent with prior bottles, as it didn't leave any new thoughts. Would purchase again.

2003 - Two Bottles Consumed
Columbia Crest Cabernet-Merlot Two Vines
USA, Washington, Columbia Valley
Brought this over for Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. Nose was a bit closed and there was a very strong green stemmy element on the palate. The fruit seemed over the top fake, almost like cheap candy. Would not purchase again.

2004 - Two Bottles Consumed
Columbia Crest Shiraz Two Vines
USA, Washington, Columbia Valley
Brought over to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner. Did not get to try any of this wine. My cousin consumed one whole bottle of this so I figure it probably tasted decent. Would purchase again for a party.

No comments: