Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wines Tasted on November 29th

No record of any wines tasted in 2004

Wines tasted in 2005

2003
Seghesio Family Vineyards Zinfandel Sonoma
USA, California, Sonoma County
Not quite as impressive as past vintages. Fruit was hidden by excessive tannins. A bit one dimensional. Would not purchase this vintage again.

Wines tasted in 2006

2001
Covey Run Merlot Barrel Select
USA, Washington, Columbia Valley
Kept thinking that this was just an off vintage as most of the bottles I have had so far were a little too green. Opened one up last night to try and start getting rid of my stash and was a bit better than the last couple of bottles I have had. Got called away to do something else and left the open bottle on the table. Came back four hours later and the wine had opened up and was tasting very good. The green element was gone and there was plenty of dark fruit aromas and flavors. The mouthfeel was still a little thin, but what do you expect from a $5 wine? Next time I open one I will definitely let it sit out for a couple of hours before I start drinking. Would purchase again.

No wines tasted in 2007

No comments: